There are so many great reviews out there, so I thought I'd do something a little different!
First, here are some pics!
The US/UK version - from the Lush website
You can see that it's got black bits (bits of flowers), and it's a pretty stiff paste.
The Japan version - from google search (sorry, not my pic!)
The Japan version doesn't have any black bits and it looks like it was squeezed out of a tube.
Do you see it? It's obviously very different!
I talked a little bit with the SA at my local Lush, and she told me that they have a different formula for Japan!
Differences between UK/US version
- no flower bits (apparently too many people complained about the flower bits clogging up their drains!)
- much creamier! With the UK version, it was really crumbly and I really had to moisten it, but the Japan version is creamy and mixes much easier with water!
- less abrasive! Somewhat related to being creamier, the Japan version seemed to be finer milled.
- UK: 5.50 GBP/100 g = $8.34/3.53 oz = $2.36/oz
- US: $9.95/3.5 oz = $2.84/oz
- Japan: 780 yen/80g = $8.63/2.82 oz = $3.06/oz (but I suspect that there is more moisture = less product!)
I tried the Japan version in the store. Even though it's a lot smoother/creamier, it still exfoliates well and makes my skin smooth!
I personally prefer the US/UK version! I've perfected my technique on mixing it with water, and I use less of it than the Japan version!
Hope that helped!