For September's Beauty Blogs Backstage, I interviewed Meredith from Retrodivas Beauty! See her interview of me here.
1. I see that you were at this year’s NY Fashion Week! How exciting! What was the best news (new trends, new products, etc) that you heard at NYFW?
I don't know if it's the best news for those who love color, but neutrals are going to be super big this spring, with bronzer taking a center stage. Also, we will be seeing a lot of luminescence - glowing, dewy skin that is going to show every imperfection, so start tweaking that skin routine now!
2. What was the best part about this year’s NYFW?
I'm not sure I could just pick one thing! It was so exciting to have the entire operation move to Lincoln Center - there is so much more room and the shows can accommodate more people, which is nice. Seeing celebs in the shows is always fun, as well as watching the stylish people outside the tents. So while I loved the shows, I loved the people watching more.
3. What is your absolute favorite makeup brush? (Yes, you can pick more than one!)
The one makeup brush that I can't live without is my Lancome Concealer Brush #8. I use it for everything from concealer to eye shadow.
4. Your blog has so much information about new products. What is the best product you’ve discovered so far this year?
Without a doubt, it's my Cle de Peau concealer. It's not new this year, but it's new to me, and I can't stop talking about it.
5. What do you do to stay in shape?
Yoga and bellydancing.
6. Your blog is such a wealth of information and I’m amazed at how much I learn each time I read your articles. What is the best beauty trick/tip that most people don’t seem to know about?
I think the biggest mistake people make with makeup is not understanding their own skin. Knowing what undertones you have is key to choosing the most flattering colors. Knowing if you are a warmer tone or a cooler tone is absolutely instrumental in choosing the best shades. I also wish I could run around with a simple blending brush and teach people to blend their eyeshadow!
7. As a fellow (former) New Yorker, I really love the city. What is your favorite place in New York City?
Oh, I love the city. And while I'd like to say that my favorite spot is the beauty counter at Barneys, hoping for a glimpse of Simon Doonan, the truth of the matter is that I am happiest at The Peanut Butter Company in the West Village having a big peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a chocolate malted milk.
Want to join the fun? Come visit Beauty Blogs Backstage!