I must really love Lush Fresh Face Masks, considering this is my fourth or fifth blog post about them. This is the third review I've done on them. Pretty amazing, especially since I don't buy Fresh Face Masks in Japan!
This is a review of the Lush Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask.
My other reviews are in the left hand sidebar! Please take a look if you are interested in knowing more about these masks!
What it does:
All skin types can benefit from the deep cleansing goodness of Love Lettuce. Fuller's earth and kaolin will act to draw dirt out and cleanse the pores, while almond oil and seaweed gel will soften.
Price: 4.95 GBP ($8) for 75 g (UK), 1650 yen ($18.50) for 50 g in Japan
- It seems that Lush UK has reduced the price for their Fresh Face Masks. In my previous reviews, they were 6.45 GBP. (Can someone from the UK check this?)
- Lush Japan has not reduced their prices. Fresh Face Masks are now nearly 4 times more expensive in Japan. ($0.10/g in the UK vs $0.38/g in Japan) This is also influenced by the recent strong Japanese Yen, making products in Japan even more expensive.
- This product is not on the Lush US website, so I do not know if Lush US has reduced their prices. According to my previous reviews, Lush Fresh Face Masks were about $8 for 75 g.
- contains clay to draw out dirt and absorb excess oil
- contains ground almonds for exfoliation
- I left this mask on my skin for 10-15 minutes before rubbing it in and washing it off. It left my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
- no scent (this is a BIG pro compared to most of the Fresh Face Masks)
- ground almonds can be too harsh an exfoliator for sensitive skin
- all of the cons of Fresh Face Masks in general apply to this one as well. They do not contain preservatives and need to be used up within 2-3 weeks, or they will go bad.
Would I repurchase?
If I lived in the UK, this would probably be my regular exfoliator! It's cheap, doesn't contain preservatives, and made my skin feeling soft!
This product looks VERY MUCH like the Mask of Magnaminty, which I reviewed here. I felt that it did nearly the same thing.
Pros of Love Lettuce:
- doesn't contain preservatives
- no scent (the mint in Mask of Magnaminty can be harsh for some people)
Pros of Mask of Magnaminty:
- the exfoliating grains are smaller. Love Lettuce is a harsher exfoliator
- cheaper. Mask of Magnaminty: 4.25 GBP / 125g. Love Lettuce: 4.95 GBP / 75g. That's 0.034 GBP/g vs 0.066 GBP/g
I am really looking forward to picking up more Fresh Face Masks when I'm in the UK!