It may be back to school time in US, but it's still REALLY hot and humid here in Japan. We are constantly getting temperatures above 35C (95F). It doesn't cool down at night, either. Night time temperatures are around 27C (80F).
When I want to quickly refresh myself, I turn to body wipes, such as these from Gatsby.
(from Gatsby's website)
Gatsby is a brand of body care products, mainly directed at men. The brand is part of the Mandom group, famous in the blogger world for their makeup removers. In Japan, Gatsby is famous for their deodorants and hair styling products, as well as the commercials featuring Takuya Kimura (of SMAP) and cool dancing!
What it does:
Cool down like ice and wipe away the sticky feeling! The coolness from these ice deodorant papers will wipe away the stickiness and smell from sweat and leave your skin feeling refreshed.
-Citrus scent that helps you feel cool
-With coolness ingredients, the super cool feeling will last a long time
-Antiperspirant and deodorant (anti-bacterial) ingredients will block sweat and smell
-Papers (25cmx20cm) are thick, large, and soft, so that you can wipe your entire body with just one sheet.
-Free of parabens
(from Gatsby's website, translated by K)
Price: about 400-450 yen ($4.50-5.25) for 30 sheets, depending where you buy them. There is also a smaller package.
- After wiping my body, the menthol immediately makes my body feel cool and refreshed
- Whatever is in it helps to remove the stickiness I get from sweating
- The cool feeling lasts for a while!!!
- The citrus smell is not very strong
- Each sheet is large (25cmx20cm = 9.8inches x 7.8inches), thick like a good quality paper towel, and is durable for wiping your entire body
- This is contained in a bag which is resealed with a sticker, like makeup wipes. It will eventually dry out.
This has been my go-to product for this entire summer! Sometimes I use them when I wake up, and sometimes I use them when I've just gotten home from work. The smaller package would be great to carry in your purse to quickly refresh yourself during the day.
Would I repurchase:
I already have!
I hope that you're enjoying the last bits of summer! Summer doesn't end in Japan until mid-September, and the hot, sticky weather will typically hang around until then!!