Update: this product is being repromoted for the 2011 & 2012 holiday season!
Side note: I have fun finding out how differently Lush Japan has named their products, even though it means I sometimes need to go through the ingredients list to find the Japanese equivalent.
What it does:
Buche de Noel was around last Christmas, but it went by the name of Santa's Rice Porridge. It's back this year with a few tweaks; it's still fresh and preservative-free, but it's a fresh cleanser now. We think of Buche de Noel as nutritious pudding with a twist!
There are fresh satsumas and a splash of brandy to tone and stimulate, kaolin to cleanse your pores and exfoliating almonds to scrub away dead skin. It even comes wrapped in seaweed with a decoration to give it the Christmas touch.
Price: 5.50 GBP/100g in the UK, 9.95 USD/3.5 oz in the US, 780 JPY/100g in Japan.
Update: the updated prices for the 2011 holiday season are $12.95 USD/3.5 oz in the US, 5.95 GBP/100g in the UK, and 780JPY/80g in Japan. Note that the price has not increased in Japan, but the size of the product has gotten smaller.
Scent: smells a bit berry-ish. A faint scent, much weaker than most of Lush's other products.
- Not harsh, and cleans well
- I personally enjoy the smell during the winter
- VERY similar to Angels on Bare Skin, see below
- None, really, except that it's limited edition.
Would I repurchase? yes, but... it's VERY similar to Angels on Bare Skin!
Comparison with Angels on Bare Skin:
- the texture and what it does is VERY similar
- some people have mentioned that this is a bit heavier and more moisturizing than AoBS, making it more suitable for the winter time
- Buche de Noel contains dried cranberries and cocoa butter
- AoBS contains lavender flowers and lavender oil
- both products contain glycerin and ground almonds
Here is a picture to show the texture of the two products.
AoBS is on the left, BdN is on the right.
Hope you enjoyed this review!
PS: I just made a Facebook Fan Page for Cosmeddicted. Please take a look!
Lush's holiday items are no longer available on their website. I have continued to review the items because they may be repromoted in the future.