Sandstone is seriously scrubby; it’s the strongest, scrubbiest soap we make. Loved by men and women alike, it was inspired by babes on the beaches of Brazil who mix sand with tanning oil to make their backsides smooth as silk. The layer of sand will exfoliate your body as you wash to leave you with soft, touchable skin. For once, getting sand all over your bits is a good thing! Coriander and gardenia oils tone and brighten, and your skin will be seductively scented with citrus notes of a tropical cocktail.
Scent: This soap smells like citrus, but some woody notes prevent it from smelling like dishwashing liquid. I thought it smells like lemongrass, although there isn't any in the ingredients.
Price: $7.50/3.5 oz in the US. I could not find this product on either the Lush UK or Lush Japan website
- bits of sand are distributed throughout the soap, which will exfoliate your skin
- the sand is not very harsh
- due to the exfoliation and the lack of moisturizing ingredients, I recommend using this product in the summer
- I personally like the scent
- This product is hard to use. I found it too harsh to rub directly on my skin. However, if I use a washcloth, the sand snags the cloth
- The soap will melt and be used up faster than the sandy bits. The soap will become more sandy as you use it
Would I repurchase? No. While I like the product itself, there is too much sand and it interferes with the soap. I think this product would work better if it were in a shower gel form. Interestingly, this soap lasted much longer than all of my previous Lush soaps.
This was the last product in my stash of Lush products. I need to haul some more Lush stuff to review!!
Hope you enjoyed this review!