This product comes in a powder form, which you are supposed to take in your fingers and massage into your hair.
What it does: (from lushusa.com)
Finally, after many customer and employee requests, at long last a dry shampoo! No Drought gives your hair an extra day without washing. Just massage it sparingly into your scalp and through your hair, and then shake it out (if you've got long hair, you might need a quick brush to make sure you're covered). Corn flour and talc absorb excess oil and leave locks soft to the touch. Lemon, grapefruit and lime oils will give your hair a fresh and fruity fragrance too. No need to wash; just go!
Price: 6.50 GBP/110g, $12.95/4.6 fl oz, 1200 JPY/115g. At today's exchange rate, this product is about $15 in Japan and $10 in the UK. Please remember that all prices in Japan include taxes..
- This is the first time I've seen a non-aerosol dry shampoo
- This product smells like citrus, which I like
- This is the first dry shampoo available in Japan. All other "non-wash" shampoos are basically alcohol sprays to keep your scalp feeling fresh
- After using this product, I had a lot of volume at my crown
- The powder is VERY fine. Even if it gets on your clothes, it can easily be brushed off
- The price may seem pricey, but this is A LOT of product
- This product will leave white marks in your hair
- This product did not absorb all the oils in my scalp. It was still pretty oily
- Applying a powder to your scalp is very difficult to do without getting powder everywhere
If you have access to dry shampoos, you probably won't like this. There are other products which are better (I personally liked Suave). However, it is impossible under current TSA rules to fly with aerosol products.
This isn't to say that this is a bad product. I usually buy and try a dry shampoo whenever I'm in the US or Europe, and this does perform better than several brands I've tried.
The powder is hard to use. I put some of the powder into a spray bottle and added some water. By spraying this mixture into my roots, I get the benefit of this product without the mess. If you try this, remember that you must shake the bottle well before spraying - talc does not dissolve in water.
Would I repurchase? Yes, as long as dry shampoos aren't available in Japan. With this product, I can shampoo every other day!
Hope you enjoyed this review!